Senior Living in 14843 (Hornell, NY)
- 14843 scores the same as the Hornell, NY average of 62.
- 14843 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14843 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St James Mercy Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Hornell Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation , City of Hornell Housing Authority, and McAuley Manor at Mercycare.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Hornell Country Club, Twin Hickory Golf Club, and Bath Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Almond Union of Churches, United Methodist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,677, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,305, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,880, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.40%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14843 has a sparse population density of 129.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.71%.