Senior Living in 14859 (Lockwood, NY)
- 14859 scores the same as the Lockwood, NY average of 76.
- 14859 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14859 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc and Elmira Psychiatric Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including The Waterford at Woodbridge, Elderwood at Waverly, and Sayre Health Care Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Chemung Golf Course, DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3, and Catatonk Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Two Rivers, Gardner Hill Campground, and Bonita Nudist Resort at.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including St Pius X Church, United Methodist Church, and St James Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,489, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,162, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,196, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.12%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14859 has a very sparse population density of 33.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.80%.