Senior Living in 14867 (Newfield, NY)
- 14867 scores the same as the Newfield, NY average of 72.
- 14867 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14867 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cayuga Medical Center At Ithaca and Schuyler Hospital, Inc).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Longview An Ithacare Community, Beechtree Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, and Mcgraw House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Ithaca, The, Newman Municipal Golf Course, and Hillendale Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Pinecreek Campground, Robert H. Treman State Park, and Cass Park.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Tabernacle Baptist Church, Unitarian Church of Ithaca, and Vineyard Church of Ithaca.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,271, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,663, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,508, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $92,280 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $107,982 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,916 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.14%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14867 has a very sparse population density of 83.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.67%.