Senior Living in 14869 (Odessa, NY)
- 14869 scores the same as the Odessa, NY average of 74.
- 14869 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14869 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Schuyler Hospital, Inc).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Schuyler Hospital Seneca View Skilled Nursing Facility, Appleridge Senior Living, and The Courtyards at Bethany Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Watkins Glen Golf Club, Trumansburg Golf Club, and Fox Run Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Clute Park & Campground, Watkins Glen Fire Station, and Watkins Glen State Park.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Trevett Cristo Salzer, St Mary Our Mother, and Maranatha Bible Chapel.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,855, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,375, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,598, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.44%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14869 has a very sparse population density of 68.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.41%.