Senior Living in 14871 (Pine City, NY)
- 14871 scores the same as the Pine City, NY average of 79.
- 14871 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14871 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Corning Hospital, and St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Bartons Adult Home, Courtyards, and St Joseph\'s Hospital Long Term and Skilled Nursing Care .
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Elmira Country Club, Mark Twain Golf Course, and Corning Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Grove Park, Wisner Park, and Big Flats Little League.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Pennsylvania Avenue Methodist, Pine City Baptist Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,893, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,301, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,237, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.86%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 14871 has a very sparse population density of 95.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.36%.