Senior Living in 14873 (Prattsburgh, NY)
- 14873 scores the same as the Prattsburgh, NY average of 67.
- 14873 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14873 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Bath Va Medical Center and Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Cairn Cottage, Lake St Senior Apartments, and IDMH - Fred & Harriett Taylor Health Center SNF.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Reservoir Creek Golf Course, Majestic Hills Golf Course, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bud Valley Campground, Tumble Hill Campground, and Keuka Lake State Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including St Januarius Church, Trinity Federated Church, and Tyrrell James F.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,027, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,094, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,901, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14873 has a very sparse population density of 33.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.72%.