Senior Living in 14880 (Scio, NY)
- 14880 scores the same as the Scio, NY average of 72.
- 14880 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14880 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Jones Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Wellsville Manor Care Center and Highland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Wellsville Country Club, Evergreen Golf Course, and East Course at Six-S Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Breezy Point Campground and Six-S Golf Course).
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Holy Family Church, First Baptist Church, and Christian & Missionary Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,114, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,631, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,976, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.78%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14880 has a very sparse population density of 30.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.62%.