Senior Living in 14883 (Spencer, NY)
- 14883 scores the same as the Spencer, NY average of 61.
- 14883 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14883 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including The Waterford at Woodbridge, Longview An Ithacare Community, and Oak Hill Manor Nursing Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Catatonk Golf Club, Country Club of Ithaca, The, and Newman Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bonita Nudist Resort at and Robert H. Treman State Park).
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Federated Church of Spencer, St Pius X Church, and Mc Kendree United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,848, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,551, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,582, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.05%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14883 has a very sparse population density of 57.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.05%.