Senior Living in 14884 (Swain, NY)
- 14884 scores the same as the Swain, NY average of 75.
- 14884 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14884 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Absolut Care Houghton and McAuley Manor at Mercycare)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Woodlynn Hills Golf Course, Triple Creek Golf Club, and Eagle\'s Landing Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Rattlesnake Hill State Wildlife Management Area, Jones Pond Campground & RV Park, and Sugar Creek Glen Campground.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church of Hume, First Baptist Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,286, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,229, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,936, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.40%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14884 has a very sparse population density of 14.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.66%.