Senior Living in 14886 (Trumansburg, NY)
- 14886 scores the same as the Trumansburg, NY average of 77.
- 14886 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14886 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cayuga Medical Center At Ithaca).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Cayuga Ridge, Brookdale Ithacaa, and Brookdale Ithaca.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Trumansburg Golf Club, Country Club of Ithaca, The, and Hillendale Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including Taughannock Falls State Park, Spruce Row Campsite, and Finger Lakes Region.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Tabernacle Baptist Church, Unitarian Church of Ithaca, and Vineyard Church of Ithaca.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,739, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,443, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,595, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $92,280 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $107,982 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,916 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.74%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14886 has a very sparse population density of 87.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.30%.