Senior Living in 14889 (Van Etten, NY)
- 14889 scores the same as the Van Etten, NY average of 63.
- 14889 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14889 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including The Waterford at Woodbridge, Longview An Ithacare Community, and Appleridge Senior Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Catatonk Golf Club, Soaring Eagles Golf Course, and Chemung Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bonita Nudist Resort at and Robert H. Treman State Park).
- There are 3 churches nearby, including St Pius X Church, Federated Church of Spencer, and Breesport Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,832, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,250, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,196, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.42%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14889 has a very sparse population density of 35.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.47%.