Senior Living in 14892 (Waverly, NY)
- 14892 scores the same as the Waverly, NY average of 65.
- 14892 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14892 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Robert Packer Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Elderwood at Waverly, Sayre Health Care Center, and The Waterford at Woodbridge.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Chemung Golf Course, DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3, and Tioga Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Two Rivers and Gardner Hill Campground).
- There are 4 churches nearby, including St James Catholic Church, United Methodist Church, and W Warren Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,479, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,861, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,352, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.42%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 14892 has a sparse population density of 191.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.94%.