Senior Living in 14894 (Wellsburg, NY)
- 14894 scores the same as the Wellsburg, NY average of 78.
- 14894 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14894 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, Elmira Psychiatric Center, and Arnot Ogden Medical Center.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Chemung County Department of Aging and Long Term Care, St. Joseph\'s Hospital TCU at Arnot Health, and St Joseph\'s Hospital Long Term and Skilled Nursing Care .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Pinecroft Golf Course, Elmira Country Club, and Mark Twain Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Newtown Battlefield State Park, Gardner Hill Campground, and Wisner Park.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Elmira Sda Church, St Mary\'s Southside Church, and Bethany Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,910, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,861, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,944, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.36%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 14894 has a sparse population density of 128.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.07%.