Senior Living in 14903 (Elmira, NY)
- 14903 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Elmira, NY.
- 14903 scores higher than the Elmira, NY average of 71.
- 14903 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14903 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Arnot Ogden Medical Center, St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, and Elmira Psychiatric Center.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Elcor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Retirement Estates, and Bethany Nursing Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Mark Twain Golf Course, Elmira Country Club, and Pines/Bitter Creek Course at Willowcreek Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Eldridge Park, Big Flats Little League, and Teal Park.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Oakwood United Methodist Chr, First Presbyterian Church, and Kuenkler Richard F.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,844, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,483, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,179, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.01%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14903 has a sparse population density of 362.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.11%.