Senior Living in 14904 (Elmira, NY)
- 14904 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Elmira, NY.
- 14904 scores lower than the Elmira, NY average of 71.
- 14904 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14904 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Arnot Ogden Medical Center, St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, and Elmira Psychiatric Center.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Bartons Adult Home, Courtyards, and Chemung County Department of Aging and Long Term Care.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Elmira Country Club, Mark Twain Golf Course, and Pinecroft Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Wisner Park, Grove Park, and Eldridge Park.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Elmira Sda Church, Bethany Lutheran Church, and St Mary\'s Southside Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,581, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,670, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,888, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.49%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 14904 has a dense population density of 2,896.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.73%.