Senior Living in 15018 (Buena Vista, PA)
- 15018 scores the same as the Buena Vista, PA average of 86.
- 15018 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15018 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Upmc Mckeesport and Jefferson Regional Medical Center).
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Mount Vernon of Elizabeth, Redstone Highlands, and Briarcliff Pavilion Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 71 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Youghiogheny Country Club, Carradam Golf Club, and Irwin Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including White Oak Park, Renziehausen Park, and Round Hill Park.
- There are 112 churches nearby, including Greenock United Methodist Chr, Boston United Methodist Church, and Peace Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,261, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,719, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,140, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.21%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15018 has a sparse population density of 435.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.03%.