Senior Living in 15049 (Harwick, PA)
- 15049 scores the same as the Harwick, PA average of 86.
- 15049 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15049 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Healthsouth Harmarville Hosp).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Harmar Village Care Center, Longwood at Oakmont, and Presbyterian Senior Care.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 76 golf courses nearby, including Oakmont East Golf Course, Oakmont Country Club, and Green Oaks Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Allegheny Islands State Park, Camp Deer Creek, and Sycamore Island.
- There are 67 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Victory Church, St Alphonsus Catholic Church, and St Marks Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,303, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,690, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,497, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.71%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15049 has a dense population density of 2,076.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.72%.