Senior Living in 15050 (Hookstown, PA)
- 15050 scores the same as the Hookstown, PA average of 82.
- 15050 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15050 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Aliquippa Community Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including The Stone Pear Pavilion, The Orchards at Foxcrest, and Nentwick Care Center.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Ponderosa Golf Course, Marada Golf Course, and Beaver Lakes Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Raccoon Creek State Park, Tomlinson Run State Park, and Hillman State Park.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Mill Creek United Presbyterian, Pleasant Hill Wesleyan Academy, and Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,130, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,286, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,801, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.24%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15050 has a sparse population density of 103.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.29%.