Senior Living in 15053 (Joffre, PA)
- 15053 scores the same as the Joffre, PA average of 74.
- 15053 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15053 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Guiding Heart , Weirton Medical Center, and The Wyngate Senior Living Community.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Quicksilver Golf Club, Fort Cherry Golf Club, and Village Green G4050 Henderson Rdolf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Hillman State Park)..
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Burgettstown Presbyterian, and Eldersville United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,424, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,861, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,998, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 40.45%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15053 has a dense population density of 1,750.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 59.55%.