Senior Living in 15055 (Lawrence, PA)
- 15055 scores the same as the Lawrence, PA average of 95.
- 15055 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15055 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Mayview State Hospital, Southwood Psychiatric Hospital, and Canonsburg General Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Friendship Village of South Hills, Country Meadows of South Hills of Pittsburgh, and Country Meadows of South Hills.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Hickory Heights Golf Club, Frosty Valley Golf Links, and Championship Course at Saint Clair Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Peterswood Park, North Strabane Township Park, and Scott Township Municipal Park.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including O\'Brien James, Zion Lutheran School, and St Barbara Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,305, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,182, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,409, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.96%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15055 has a dense population density of 2,026.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.39%.