Senior Living in 15059 (Midland, PA)
- 15059 scores the same as the Midland, PA average of 80.
- 15059 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15059 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (East Liverpool City Hospital and Heritage Valley Beaver).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Calcutta Health Care Center, Adkins Care Center, and Beaver Valley Nursing and Rehailitation Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Hawthorne Valley Golf Club, Running Brook Golf Club, and Deer Trails Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Beaver Creek State Forest, White Thorn Lodge, and Beaver Creek State Park.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Mt Olive Baptist Church, and St Blaise Parish.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,586, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,114, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,198, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.87%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15059 has a sparse population density of 297.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.67%.