Senior Living in 15060 (Midway, PA)
- 15060 scores the same as the Midway, PA average of 76.
- 15060 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15060 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Kindred Hospital-pittsburgh).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Guiding Heart , Country Meadows of South Hills of Pittsburgh, and Country Meadows of South Hills.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Fort Cherry Golf Club, Quicksilver Golf Club, and Village Green G4050 Henderson Rdolf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Heritage Park)..
- There are 14 churches nearby, including St Alphonsus Church, First United Methodist Church, and Calvary United Presbyterian.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,712, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,981, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,160, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.23%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15060 has a dense population density of 2,408.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.72%.