Senior Living in 15071 (Oakdale, PA)
- 15071 scores the same as the Oakdale, PA average of 86.
- 15071 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15071 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Kindred Hospital-pittsburgh, Ohio Valley General Hospital, and Mayview State Hospital.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Guiding Heart , Serenity Pines Personal Care Home, and Providence Point.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 49 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 146 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Club at Nevillewood, The, Fort Cherry Golf Club, and Chartiers Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Settlers Cabin Park, Heritage Park, and Leopold Lake Park.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including Resurrection Lutheran Church, St Patrick Church, and Crossroads United Methodist Ch.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,748, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,781, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,867, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.15%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15071 has an average population density of 543.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.64%.