Senior Living in 15077 (Shippingport, PA)
- 15077 scores the same as the Shippingport, PA average of 84.
- 15077 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15077 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Aliquippa Community Hospital, Heritage Valley Beaver, and East Liverpool City Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Villa St. Joseph , The Stone Pear Pavilion, and The Orchards at Foxcrest.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Deer Trails Country Club, Running Brook Golf Club, and Hawthorne Valley Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Beaver Creek State Forest, Raccoon Creek State Park, and Bradys Run County Park.
- There are 72 churches nearby, including Fairview Reformed Presbyterian, Greater Faith Family Worship, and Christian Assembly Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $37,503, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,250, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,821, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.97%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15077 has a sparse population density of 175.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.00%.