Senior Living in 15104 (Braddock, PA)
- 15104 scores the same as the Braddock, PA average of 81.
- 15104 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15104 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 11 hospitals nearby, including Upmc Braddock, Children\'s Inst Of Pittsburgh, and Upmc Mckeesport.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in the area, including Alice Davis Personal Care Home, Locust Grove, and Riverside Care Center.
- There are 31 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 77 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 306 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 86 golf courses nearby, including Grand View Golf Club, Schenley Park Golf Course, and Pleasant Hills Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Frick Park, Off Leash Exercise Area Frick Park, and Westinghouse Park.
- There are 176 churches nearby, including Word & Worship Fellowship, Emmanuel Baptist Church, and Resurrection Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,928, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $23,353, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,006, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.01%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15104 has a dense population density of 3,692.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.91%.