Senior Living in 15120 (Homestead, PA)
- 15120 scores the same as the Homestead, PA average of 76.
- 15120 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15120 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Upmc Braddock and Children\'s Inst Of Pittsburgh).
- There are 54 senior living facilities in the area, including Eldercrest Health and Rehabilitation Center, Riverside Care Center, and Charles M Morris Nursing And.
- There are 28 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 42 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 75 golf courses nearby, including Grand View Golf Club, Schenley Park Golf Course, and Westwood Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Off Leash Exercise Area Frick Park, Frick Park, and Schenley Park.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including St Teresa\'s Rc Church-Munhall, Clark Memorial Baptist Church, and Second Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,443, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,640, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,769, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.31%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15120 has a dense population density of 4,051.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.15%.