Senior Living in 15136 (Mc Kees Rocks, PA)
- 15136 scores the same as the Mc Kees Rocks, PA average of 82.
- 15136 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15136 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Ohio Valley General Hospital, Suburban General Hospital, and Allegheny General Hospital.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Perry South Personal Care, Caring Heights Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Lifecare Hospitals of Pittsburgh, Suburban Campus.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 54 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Chartiers Country Club, Crafton Golf Club, and Shannopin Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Bayne Park, Settlers Cabin Park, and Riverview Park.
- There are 109 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Ukrainian Orthodox, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and St John of God Parish.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,302, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,394, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,290, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.67%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15136 has a dense population density of 1,964.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.24%.