Senior Living in 15139 (Oakmont, PA)
- 15139 scores the same as the Oakmont, PA average of 87.
- 15139 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15139 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Harmarville Hosp, Upmc St Margaret, and Va Pittsburgh Healthcare Syst.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Presbyterian Senior Care, Oakmont Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Longwood at Oakmont.
- There are 27 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 58 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 92 golf courses nearby, including Oakmont Country Club, Oakmont East Golf Course, and Green Oaks Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Allegheny Islands State Park, Sycamore Island, and Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve.
- There are 71 churches nearby, including Redeemer Lutheran Church, St Thomas Episcopal Church, and St Irenaeus Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,162, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,167, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,186, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.87%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15139 has a dense population density of 3,284.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.10%.