Senior Living in 15140 (Pitcairn, PA)
- 15140 scores the same as the Pitcairn, PA average of 79.
- 15140 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15140 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Western Pennsylvania Hosp Forbes Regional Campus, Healthsouth Grtr Pitts Rehab, and Upmc Braddock.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including ManorCare Health Services-Monroeville, Arden Courts of Monroeville, and Golden LivingCenter - Monroeville.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 51 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Maple Crest Golf Course, Grand View Golf Club, and Alcoma Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Boyce Park, White Oak Park, and Renziehausen Park.
- There are 111 churches nearby, including Center Avenue United Methodist, United Methodist Church, and Alpha Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,551, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,982, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,187, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.09%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15140 has a dense population density of 6,522.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.51%.