Senior Living in 15148 (Wilmerding, PA)
- 15148 scores the same as the Wilmerding, PA average of 83.
- 15148 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15148 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Western Pennsylvania Hosp Forbes Regional Campus, Healthsouth Grtr Pitts Rehab, and Upmc Braddock.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including Evening Star Personal Care Home, Parkledge Arms, and Portview Apartments.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 67 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 189 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 80 golf courses nearby, including Maple Crest Golf Course, Grand View Golf Club, and Alcoma Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including White Oak Park, Renziehausen Park, and Boyce Park.
- There are 121 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, Alpha Lutheran Church, and St Robert Bellarmine.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $33,738, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $24,181, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,499, which is in the top 87% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.49%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15148 has a dense population density of 2,519.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.24%.