Senior Living in 15202 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 15202 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 35th highest of any zip code in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 15202 scores lower than the Pittsburgh, PA average of 80.
- 15202 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15202 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Suburban General Hospital, Upmc Passavant, and Ohio Valley General Hospital.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Lifecare Hospitals of Pittsburgh, Suburban Campus, The Community at Holy Family Manor, and Sts. Peter And Paul Home.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 113 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Shannopin Country Club, Highland Country Club, and Franklin Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bayne Park and Riverview Park).
- There are 65 churches nearby, including Chaplain Dan Jenkins, Emanuel\'s Lutheran Church, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,070, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,202, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,781, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.26%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15202 has a dense population density of 4,476.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.71%.