Senior Living in 15213 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 15213 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 39th highest of any zip code in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 15213 scores significantly lower than the Pittsburgh, PA average of 80.
- 15213 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15213 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Children\'s Hosp Of Pittsburgh, Magee Womens Hospital Of Upmc Health System, and Upmc Presbyterian Shadyside.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including UPMC Presbyterian, Magee-Womens Hospital Of UPMC, and Jewish Residential Services.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 143 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (13% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Schenley Park Golf Course, Holly Hill Inn & Golf Center, and Grand View Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Schenley Plaza, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, and Rodef Shalom Biblical Botanical Garden.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including St Regis Parish, New Hope Christian Community, and Church of the Ascension.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,347, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $22,832, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,038, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.63%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15213 has a very dense population density of 14,474.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.90%.