Senior Living in 15215 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 15215 has a SeniorScore® of 89, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 15215 scores significantly higher than the Pittsburgh, PA average of 80.
- 15215 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15215 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 16 hospitals nearby, including Va Pittsburgh Healthcare Syst, Upmc St Margaret, and Pittsburgh Specialty Hospital.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in the area, including Southwestern Veterans\' Center, Vincentian De Marillac, and Highland Park Care Center.
- There are 31 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 65 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 326 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Pittsburgh Field Club, Fox Chapel Golf Club, and Oakmont East Golf Course.
- There are 17 parks nearby, including Highland Park, Sycamore Island, and Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve.
- There are 159 churches nearby, including Logan B, Lee, David B Pastor - Living Word Ministry, and Community United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,917, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,154, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,640, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15215 has a dense population density of 2,050.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.87%.