Senior Living in 15225 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 15225 has a SeniorScore® of 87, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 15225 scores higher than the Pittsburgh, PA average of 80.
- 15225 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15225 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Suburban General Hospital, Ohio Valley General Hospital, and Upmc Passavant.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including Caring Heights Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, Masonic Village at Sewickley, and Lifecare Hospitals of Pittsburgh, Suburban Campus.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 93 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 240 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Shannopin Country Club, Highland Country Club, and Franklin Park Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Bayne Park, Riverview Park, and North Shore Riverfront Park.
- There are 134 churches nearby, including Assumption Catholic Church, Emanuel\'s Lutheran Church, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,549, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,227, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,353, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.77%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15225 has an average population density of 708.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.51%.