Senior Living in 15226 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 15226 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the 24th highest of any zip code in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 15226 scores lower than the Pittsburgh, PA average of 80.
- 15226 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15226 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Lifecare Hosp Of Pittsburgh, Upmc South Side, and St Clair Memorial Hospital.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Mt. Lebanon, Marian Manor Corporation, and Baptist Homes of Western Pennsylvania.
- There are 25 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 150 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Mount Lebanon Golf Course, Holly Hill Inn & Golf Center, and South Hills Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Phillips Park, Mt Washington, and Grandview Park.
- There are 80 churches nearby, including Pittsburgh Baptist Church, Church of Resurrection, and St Pius X Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,230, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,584, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,016, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.14%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15226 has a dense population density of 5,514.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.64%.