Senior Living in 15232 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 15232 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 32th highest of any zip code in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 15232 scores lower than the Pittsburgh, PA average of 80.
- 15232 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15232 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Children\'s Home Of Pittsburgh, Upmc Shadyside, and Western Pennsylvania Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Manorcare Health Services - Pittsburgh, Manorcare Health Services - Shadyside, and Jewish Residential Services.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 131 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Schenley Park Golf Course, Grand View Golf Club, and Churchill Valley Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Rodef Shalom Biblical Botanical Garden, Mellon Park, and Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Korean Central Church of Pgh, Shadyside Presbyterian Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,411, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,147, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,596, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.80%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15232 has a very dense population density of 14,306.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.13%.