Senior Living in 15237 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 15237 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the 17th highest of any zip code in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 15237 scores higher than the Pittsburgh, PA average of 80.
- 15237 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15237 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Upmc Passavant, Suburban General Hospital, and Heritage Valley Sewickley.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including ManorCare Health Services-North Hills, Rose Valley Retirement Village, and The Commons at Stonebrook Village.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 152 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 76 golf courses nearby, including Franklin Park Golf Course, Green Valley Golf Course, and Highland Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Bayne Park, North Park, and Riverview Park.
- There are 97 churches nearby, including St John Neumann Church, St Sebastians Church, and North Hills Community Baptist.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,545, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,803, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,646, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.49%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15237 has a dense population density of 1,729.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.02%.