Senior Living in 15238 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 15238 has a SeniorScore® of 90, which is the highest of any zip code in Pittsburgh, PA.
- 15238 scores significantly higher than the Pittsburgh, PA average of 80.
- 15238 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15238 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 16 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Harmarville Hosp, Va Pittsburgh Healthcare Syst, and Upmc St Margaret.
- There are 85 senior living facilities in the area, including Oakmont Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Presbyterian Senior Care, and Cedarwood Personal Care.
- There are 36 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 99 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 362 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 100 golf courses nearby, including Pittsburgh Field Club, Fox Chapel Golf Club, and Oakmont East Golf Course.
- There are 17 parks nearby, including Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve, Hartwood Acres, and Sycamore Island.
- There are 183 churches nearby, including Fox Chapel Episcopal Church, St Edward Church, and St Francis Church Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $152,068, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,521, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $64,376, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.52%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15238 has an average population density of 804.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.08%.