Senior Living in 15301 (Washington, PA)
- 15301 scores the same as the Washington, PA average of 73.
- 15301 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15301 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Washington Hospital, The and Advanced Surgical Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Presbyterian SeniorCare, Tri County Patriots, and Washington Arbors.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Brookside/Lakeside Course at Lone Pine Golf Club, Washington County Golf & Country Club, and Dogwood Hills Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA and North Strabane Township Park).
- There are 32 churches nearby, including First Federal Savings Bank, Holy Trinity National Catholic, and St Hilary Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,968, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,313, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,383, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.48%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15301 has a sparse population density of 404.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.25%.