Senior Living in 15312 (Avella, PA)
- 15312 scores the same as the Avella, PA average of 83.
- 15312 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15312 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Washington Hospital, The and Advanced Surgical Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Anns Country Retreat, Brightwood Center, and Valley Haven Geriatric Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Indian Run Golf Club, Village Green G4050 Henderson Rdolf Course, and Highland Spring Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Brooke Hills Park and Castleman Run Wildlife Management Area).
- There are 68 churches nearby, including St Michael Roman Catholic Chr, Hickory United Presbyterian, and Agape Ministries.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,331, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,196, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,989, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.97%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15312 has a very sparse population density of 47.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.09%.