Senior Living in 15340 (Hickory, PA)
- 15340 scores the same as the Hickory, PA average of 93.
- 15340 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15340 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Canonsburg General Hospital, Washington Hospital, The, and Advanced Surgical Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Washington County Health Center, Townview Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Guiding Heart .
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 157 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Village Green G4050 Henderson Rdolf Course, Fort Cherry Golf Club, and Indian Run Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Heritage Park, North Strabane Township Park, and Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including Agape Ministries, Hickory United Presbyterian, and First United Presbyterian Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,812, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,400, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,831, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.77%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15340 has a very sparse population density of 95.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.79%.