Senior Living in 15344 (Jefferson, PA)
- 15344 scores the same as the Jefferson, PA average of 80.
- 15344 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15344 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Southwest Regional Medical Center and Brownsville General Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Lasosky\'s Personal Care Home, Rolling Meadows Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Golden LivingCenter - Waynesburg.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Carmichaels Golf Club, Greene County Country Club, and Rohanna\'s Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Wana B Park)..
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Consolation, Union Baptist Church, and First Assembly of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,843, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,734, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,070, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.31%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 15344 has a sparse population density of 101.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.58%.