Senior Living in 15363 (Strabane, PA)
- 15363 scores the same as the Strabane, PA average of 81.
- 15363 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15363 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Canonsburg General Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Townview Health and Rehabilitation Center, Greenery Specialty Care Center (of Canonsburg), and Golden LivingCenter - South Hills.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Southpointe Golf Club, Blue/Gold Course at Lindenwood Golf Club, and Linfield National.
- There is 1 park nearby (North Strabane Township Park)..
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Central Assembly of God Church, First United Presbyterian Chr, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,372, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,656, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,645, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 8% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15363 has a dense population density of 3,290.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.20%.