Senior Living in 15376 (West Alexander, PA)
- 15376 scores the same as the West Alexander, PA average of 85.
- 15376 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15376 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Ohio Valley Medical Center and Wheeling Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Good Shepherd Nursing Home, Altenheim Home For Aged, and Welty Home For The Aged.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Dogwood Hills Golf Course, Wheeling Country Club, and Oglebay Resort (Crispin Course at Oglebay Resort).
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Bear Rock Lakes Wildlife Management Area, Castleman Run Wildlife Management Area, and Four Seasons Camping Resort.
- There are 58 churches nearby, including West Alexander Presbyterian, First Christian Church, and Claysville United Methodist Ch.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,207, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,861, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,703, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15376 has a very sparse population density of 45.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.43%.