Senior Living in 15401 (Uniontown, PA)
- 15401 scores the same as the Uniontown, PA average of 70.
- 15401 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15401 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Uniontown Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Marquis Gardens Place, Cherry Tree Nursing Center, and Mt. Macrina Manor.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Mount Summit Golf Course, Springdale Golf Club, and Duck Hollow Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Laurel Caverns)..
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Bible Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Great Bethel Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,082, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,597, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,884, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.46%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15401 has an average population density of 553.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.53%.