Senior Living in 15425 (Connellsville, PA)
- 15425 scores the same as the Connellsville, PA average of 67.
- 15425 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15425 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Highlands Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Specht Private Care, Sunshine Estate Personal Care Home, and Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Pleasant Valley Country Club, Wyndon Links, and Linden Hall Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort)..
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Schultz Elmer A, Christian Church, and St Rita\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,226, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,944, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,349, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.35%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15425 has a sparse population density of 345.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.04%.