Senior Living in 15440 (Gibbon Glade, PA)
- 15440 scores the same as the Gibbon Glade, PA average of 74.
- 15440 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15440 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Uniontown Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Kamps Personal Care Home, South Fayette Nursing Center, and Henry Clay Villa, LP.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Links Course at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Mount Summit Golf Course, and Duck Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Fort Necessity National Battlefield, Laurel Caverns, and Benner\'s Meadow Run Camping &Cabins.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Canaan Church of Brethren, Mt Washington Presbyterian Chr, and St Joan of Arc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,566, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,573, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,914, which is in the top 76% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.90%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 18% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15440 has a very sparse population density of 23.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 37.74%.