Senior Living in 15444 (Hiller, PA)
- 15444 scores the same as the Hiller, PA average of 81.
- 15444 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15444 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Brownsville General Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Center In The Woods Inc., Flos Personal Care Home, and Anna Lisa\'s Touch of Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Nemacolin Country Club, Chippewa Golf Club, and Willowbrook Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including First Christian Church, South Brownsville United Meth, and St Peter Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,714, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,891, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,925, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.46%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 14% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15444 has an average population density of 818.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.