Senior Living in 15446 (Indian Head, PA)
- 15446 scores the same as the Indian Head, PA average of 81.
- 15446 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15446 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Highlands Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home, Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, and Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Donegal Highlands Golf Course, and Pike Run Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Laurel Highlands Camplands, Laurel Ridge State Park, and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Mount Zion United Meth Church, Hampton Church of God, and Indian Head Church of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $28,750, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $25,966, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,046, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15446 has a sparse population density of 216.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.