Senior Living in 15459 (Markleysburg, PA)
- 15459 scores the same as the Markleysburg, PA average of 63.
- 15459 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 15459 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Henry Clay Villa, LP, Kamps Personal Care Home, and South Fayette Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Links Course at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Pleasant Valley Country Club, and Golf Club At Wisp, The.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Ohiopyle State Park, Ferncliff Natural Area, and Benner\'s Meadow Run Camping &Cabins.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, Canaan Church of Brethren, and St Joan of Arc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,908, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,880, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,931, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.14%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 15459 has a very sparse population density of 52.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.83%.